Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cafe Brazil


I am immobilized by choices.  I enjoy variety, but when my options are extensive, I have a hard time making up my mind.  Thankfully Cafe Brazil helped me narrow my focus within their large selection. I naturally gravitate to the breakfast portion of the menu if I know the restaurant serves it all day. French Toast for dinner?  What could beat that?

My buddy, Patrik, decided to take me to this place after church.  It is a chain of restaurants that was started in Dallas and is exclusive to the DFW.  We went to one near SMU, which I am told, was one of the good ones.

I'm so glad I went.  I got the chilaquilas, which were scrambled eggs, tomatillo sauce, onions, jack cheese, tortilla chips and pulled chicken, served with black beans, sour cream and grilled sliced tomatoes.  Since tomatoes are of Satan and the black beans smelled like armpit, I didn't eat those but the rest of my lunch was amazing!  And though I was thoroughly satisfied with my meal, I did happen to notice a french toast dish topped with fruit, creme anglaise(whatever that is), raspberry sauce, and walnuts, that someone else had ordered.  I know what I am getting next time I go.  And there will be a next time.





My chicken chilaquiles
If you want coffee, they offer a coffee bar with a selection of different blends.  I like the idea.  You never have to wait for the server to come back around and get you a refill, but I found there coffee a little watered down.  Next time I might stick with just water or get a darker blend.

My buddy, Patrik

The Coffee Bar



My first visit to Cafe Brazil was a great one, and I really appreciate my friend for treating me to this place.  I am looking forward to going back again hopefully in the not so distant future.  That french toast is calling me.

Cafe Brazil


No comments:

Post a Comment