Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Texas Land and Cattle Steak House



Driving around the DFW, I would often see signs for this restaurant along the expressway and anything with Texas, land, cattle, and steak in the name, naturally peaks my interest.  One of my friends said this place was good so I decided to check it out since it's been a while since I got my steak on.

There's something about a place with cowboy boots and bull heads on the walls, and those carriage wheel light fixtures hanging from the ceiling, that I find so interesting.  It's a uniquely American decor and makes me feel like I'm in a rustic, Disneyfied saloon.




I had already perused the menu online, so I had an idea of what I wanted when I got there.  I decided to go with the garlic steak and shrimp, with sauteed mushrooms and fries. 

My meal started with a round loaf of sourdough bread, which was advantageous for me, since sourdough is my favorite type of bread.  It's the only bread I can eat by itself like a snack. It is really good, and this loaf was no exception.  I ate half of it.

My steak was served with garlic butter on top and I ordered it medium well.  It was tender and full of flavor.  The shrimp was baked and tasty but not the best I ever had, which was okay.  After all, this was a steak place, not a seafood joint.  My shoestring fries were pretty good, but I thought they were a little over seasoned.  The sauteed mushrooms were amazing.  Best fungus I had in a while.


Garlic Steak and Shrimp with fries

Sauteed Mushrooms

All in all, my meal was pretty good, and lived up to my expectations.  Lately my friends and I have been jokingly convincing ourselves that the places we are going to eat at suck, so when we eat there and it is good, and we are pleasantly surprised.  I would highly recommend this place and would love to go here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment