Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Keep On Keeping On.....

I truly believe that reworking my resume has proved beneficial.  Since those wonderful people worked on it (because I don't have a head for resume writing) some prospective employers finally contacted me. 

I managed to get an interview with a physician group that operates in the Dallas area.  They are a network of 450 physicians that operate in 28 states and they have an operation in a hospital in Mesquite.  I interviewed with some people in the Dallas office and I spoke with the project manager at the hospital.  I liked the position I interviewed for.  It was essentially an executive assistant position that would involve a little bit of what I went to school for and since it is a growing practice, there was an enormous potential for advancement.

The only draw back would have been the drive.  Mesquite was not close and the town itself wasn't anything worth writing home about.  I wouldn't have minded working there, but the 34 mile commute would get old after a while.

The second position I interviewed for was for an entry level medical coding position through a temp service in Addison.  The job would be for a company in Irving, which is attractive to me because the commute would be substantially less.  This position would allow me to use skills I went to Spencerian for.  It would pay less than the position in Mesquite, but it is a temp to hire position, so I have the potential to make more if I got on.  It is also in an office setting so I wouldn't have to worry about dealing with patients or wearing scrubs.

I would like to get this job.  It wouldn't pay as much but Irving is close and there are parts of Irving that is really nice.  Irving is also kinda smack in the middle of it all.  Working there would allow me to be centrally located in between Dallas and Fort Worth.

Needless to say, I did not get the job in Mesquite.  And the job in Irving is still up in the air.  As of this posting, it should be a few more days before I know anything concerning that job.  I am discouraged a little about the Mesquite job, but that is how it goes.  I should expect a lot of rejection since apparently busting into the medical coding field is hard to get into if your don't have much experience.  Something Spencerian never bothered to mention.

Regardless, I will keep trucking on.  This is all part of the job hunting experience. And as my friends have reminded me, God has something better in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment