Saturday, December 3, 2011

Fred's Texas Cafe - As Seen On TV.

Back in October I wrote a post about my visit to a local burger joint called Maple and Motor.  Then yesterday, I learned that Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives will be featuring Maple and Motor in an up coming show.  How cool is that?  In the article I also read about a few other local places that have been featured.  One such place, Fred's Texas Cafe, caught my eye so I made it a point to try the place out.


Fred's Texas Cafe



What is that?  Ancient Runes?  Some form of Elvish?
 
I decided to get the Diablo burger.  It was a Fred burger with chipotle, Swiss cheese, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, grilled onions and mustard.  I asked the guy who waited on me if the burger was really spicy.  A burger named Diablo might imply that one bite would unleash Satan in my mouth.  He said that it had a little kick to it but the Swiss cheese might make tone down the heat.  Yeah, right.

The Diablo Burger

My burger was amazing!  One bite released a torrent of flavors, and sloppy goodness.  The mustard, chipotle, and pickles worked in concert to give the burger a sharp twang.  And twang is the best I could come up with, because a proper word to describe the taste escapes me.  Take my word for it though, my meal was awesome!  It was pretty reasonable too.  Along with Fred's amazing french fries and a glass of Shiner Bock,  my meal only came to 16 bucks.  It probably would have been more, but Fred's has this special that when it's raining out, it's happy hour, and it was raining when I visited so, GO ME!!!! 

 Going to Fred's?  Pray for rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment