Monday, April 2, 2012

Torchy's Tacos



I know tacos is in the name but Torchy's Tacos is not your typical fake and fast Mexican joint. The quality and inventiveness of the food is definitely a notch above the rest.  It is a grand fusion of flavor explosions with a South-of-the-border flare served open faced on a corn or flour tortilla shell.  But it doesn't just end there.  The main ingredient is LOVE!

I have eaten here three times and each time it just keeps getting better and better.  The menu is simple.  Torchy's doesn't bother to bog you down with a wide variety of choices.  The limited menu works out great for the ADD crowd or those whose breadth of daily reading may consist of tweets or status updates.  Not a lot to work with, but what they have is absolutely scrumptious

Usually when I go I just get two tacos, which aren't very big but are filling and make a decent lunch.  On my last visit I got the Trailer Park, which was fried chicken, green chilies, lettuce, pico de gallo, and cheese on a flour tortilla.  I got mine trashy so they took off the lettuce and added the queso.  I almost saw a heavenly light shine down on it. 

I also got The Crossroads.  Smoked beef brisket with grilled onions, jalapenos, cilantro, jack cheese, a slice of avacodo, and tomatillo sauce.  I think I heard a choir sing when they brought it out to me.

My two tacos were outstanding, which has been the consistent trajectory of this place every time I've visited.  It's a winning formula that would work just about any where and with any type of food.  Make it simple and make it good.  I believe that Torchy's has accomplished those goals.



The Trailer Park and The Crossroads


No comments:

Post a Comment