Monday, May 7, 2012

Cowboys Stadium

The mothership has landed
On April 28th the Dallas Opera presented Mozart's last opera, The Magic Flute.  It was performed at the Winspear Opera House in Dallas and simulcast at Cowboys Stadium.  The performance was a resounding success with over 15,000 people in attendence.  I think it helped that tickets to the performance were free, or that it was shown on the largest high definition television screen in the world.  Maybe it was just the novelty of munching on nachos and drinking a Budwieser while enjoying high brow entertainment.

Much like my experience at Rangers Ballpark, I walked into the stadium with the awe of a little kid, blown away by the sheer size of the place. With a seating capacity of over 80,000 people, Cowboys Stadium is huge!

Since I've moved here, it was one of my goals to visit.  I especially wanted to see the ginormous television screens, but going for a game can be a little expensive, especially if you want to park at the stadium.  This event was perfect because it was free all the way around.  There was no way I was going to miss this opportunity.








The Magic Flute was an awesome performance.  Sung in German with English subtitles, it was a comedic story of love and the triumph of reason over darkness and superstition. A screen the size of two basketball courts is the perfect way to enjoy opera.  I'm just wondering where I can get a television that big.  It might be a little pricey, so I'll have to save up for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment