Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Taste of Thai



Not every culinary gem can be found in some upscale part of town.  This place, Taste of Thai, is located in an unassuming strip mall in Arlington, not far from where I live. 

When I came down here to visit Kristin and Kevin back in April of last year, they took me to this place.  Thai happens to be one of my all time favorite ethnic food and this place certainly did not disappoint.  Now that I have moved here, I have to priviledge of visiting as many times as I want.

On this particular visit,  I got what I usually get, the garlic and pepper chicken with a bowl of rice and a bottle of Singha.  It is a simple dish of just chicken, cabbage, carrots, and broccoli.  The sauce is what makes this dish so amazing though.  Mix the rice into it, and it makes a hearty meal.  My meal is also served with a small bowl of salad topped with a kind slightly sweet, peanutty dressing.  Not my favorite but it is good. 


Garlic and Pepper Chicken


The best part about places like these is that they are hardly packed.  I'm usually the only one in there when I go so I never have a wait.  I can enjoy my meal in relative quiet with the soft strains of Thai music playing in the background. Win win.

No comments:

Post a Comment