Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pluckers! Great for Game Day!

If you are what you eat then I would definately be a chicken wing.  I can't say that they are ever top of mind when it comes to picking a favorite food but I do seem to consume a copious amount of them.  As a matter a fact, there is a brand of store bought chicken wings froms Pilgrims Pride, that is like my crack.  They are a little on the spicey side and incredibly bad for you, but well worth the clogged arteries and hypertension.

Anyway, back to Pluckers.  Like most wings places, Pluckers appeals to mostly men.  Not because the servers are all women dressed in slutty outfits, so if you are thinking this is another Hooters or Tilted Kilt, it's not.  My server was an attractive young lady with a t-shirt and jeans, and did not exude skank appeal to get better tips.

The menu was pretty simple and typical of most wing places.  You could order as many wings as you could handle with different sauces of varying heat or flavors.  I ordered ten cajun seasoned wings, with a side of fries, and a glass of Firefighters 4, which set me back $16.  Tip included.

I liked this place, not because the food was outstanding.  I liked what I ordered, but I thought this is a great dude place to go watch a game.  There are TV's everywhere with just about every sport going on, except Cricket.
They even have televisions in the mirror in the bathrooms.  Never miss a moment.
All in all, my visit was enjoyable, and if a friend wanted to go here for lunch or dinner, I wouldn't mind.  And with all the televisions, I might have to become a Rangers fan, or root for the Longhorns.

No comments:

Post a Comment