Monday, October 3, 2011

My First Rejection

I applied for a position at Baylor the other day.  It seemed like a position I was made for cause it combined my inventory control experience along with my training to work in the healthcare field at Spencerian.  Needless to say, I was turned down for the job.

This is not a blog entry to say, "Woe is me!".  I'm not discouraged.  Despite all the claims being made out there that a job in the medical field is a fast track to a great career, I understand that I may be in it for the long haul, and I may have to settle for a less than rewarding position just to get my foot in the door.

I think God understands that.  Better than me, it seems.  Throughout this past week, I've stumbled on just the right song on the radio, (Dallas has a couple of good Christian radio stations.) heard an encouraging sermon, or read just the right bible verse.  All of which reminding me that God cares and He will take care of me.  I may have been rejected for this position, but not by Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment