Friday, October 7, 2011

Smashburger - Tastes Like Happy!

You know a hamburger is some greasy goodness when the grease drips from the hamburger and coagulates on the table.  As unappetizing as that may sound to some people; for me, it tastes like happy!  I love my hamburgers a big sloppy mess, especially with cheese!  I'm not satisfied unless I've gone through five or six napkins.  Why worry about your hands getting messy?  I mean, that is what soap and water is for, right?

There is a Smashburger near where I am staying, but I went to one in a part of Dallas called Uptown.  Uptown is a neighborhood that is what its name suggests: fine dining, high end retail, and high rise apartment buildings.  But not evey place is pricey.  There are some reasonable places to eat and shop for those who don't make a lot of dough, or those who don't make any dough, seeings how I am unemployed right now.

I got the Windy City Smashburger.  You can order your burgers in different sizes, so to go easy on my stomach and wallet, I got a small.  It was a delicious beef patty, with melted chedder cheese, haystack onions, and mustard, served on a pretzel roll.  I also got an order of smashfries, which are fries tossed with rosemary, olive oil, and garlic, and finally, a bottle of Firefighter's 4.  All in all, a little over eleven bucks.  Not too bad.  I can't wait to go back and try one of there chicken sandwhiches.

For my Kentucky friends, there is a Smashburger in Louisville on the corner of Shelbyville Rd and Hurstbourne.  I would highly recommend this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment