Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Twisted Root - A Religious Experience Between Two Pieces of Bread

Maybe it is my goal to eat at every burger place in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.  Twisted Root stands out to me because they have the best burgers I have ever tasted and it is located in a cool part of town called Deep Ellum.

Deep Ellum is an old warehouse district that has become home to Dallas's alternative culture.  It is a neighborhood with trendy shops, restaurants, bars, and live music.  Last time I visited Dallas, we went to Deep Ellum and I wasn't impressed.  I didn't think there was much too it.  I obviously didn't see this part, because my opinion has changed for the better.



The inside of Twisted Root has a pretty unpolished look about it.  One that may appeal more to a biker than a banker.  But that's okay.  It's a burger joint, and you don't need the elements of refinement like cloth napkins, dim lighting, or eating utensils.

You order at the counter and they give you a card with a name on it, which they will call on the loud speaker when your order is up.  I got to be Billy Madison.


You can build your own burger, but I decided to go with a burger with predetermined condiments.  I got the what they call the Big Tex(When in Texas, right?).  A half pound of beef served with chedder cheese, guacamole, fried onion strings, and chipotle sauce.  It had to be the BEST burger I've ever had.  My taste buds sung out in praise of the flavor explosion!  It was like biting into little, fat baby angels, that's how heavenly this burger was.  Coupled with an order of their really tasty fries and a bottle of Lonestar, my meal was perfect.  And filling!  I could hardly finish it.


What an awesome place Twisted Root is.  A must on anyone's to do list, if they happen to visit the Dallas area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment