Monday, November 14, 2011

Buzzbrews - Always Open


A few years back I worked second shift at Guess for a couple of months.  When I got off work, especially during the week, there wasn't a whole lot to do after midnight.  Thankfully, there were a few restaurants that were open 24 hours, and me and a couple of friends would meet some where on Bardstown Rd and spend some time over a late night meal.  I have a sense of nostalgia for those days.  Not because I loved working second shift, but for those late night meet ups, which were always fun.

Buzzbrews is just one of those places.  I believe there are three location in Dallas.  The one I visited was in Dallas' trendy Deep Ellum neighborhood.  I went there in the afternoon, after my visit to the Dallas Museum of Art.

The inside was pretty straightforward.  Nice, but nothing too fancy, with elements of kitsch sprinkled here and there. 




There menu is pretty extensive.  Designed to appeal to just about any taste at any hour of the day you walk in, or stumble in, depending on what you were doing before you got the munchies.

I ordered the Chicken and The Egg, which was a six ounce grilled chicken breast, served with scrambled egg whites, potatoes, garlic marbles, griddled tomatoes, and a poblano sauce. 

Chicken and the Egg

My meal was pretty amazing.  The chicken was tender and juicy, the scrambled egg whites made me wonder why I never ate my eggs like this before, the potatoes were good, and I don't know what poblano sauce is, but it wasn't overpowering and complimented my meal very well.

I'm still looking forward to eating at one of Dallas' high end eateries, where your entree comes to about the monthly payment for a new Mercedes.  Buzzbrews is not one of those places.  My meal, along with my drink and tip, came to only 16 bucks.

Not a bad place to find yourself with a couple of friends unwinding after a late night.  Or not a bad place to be in the morning for some breakfast and coffee.  Actually Buzzbrews is a great place, no matter what the hour.  You have 24 to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment