Friday, November 4, 2011

Oddfellows


I first notice Oddfellows on my last visit to the Bishop Arts District.  Of all the places I've eaten, with the exception of Twisted Root, this restaurant had the most Bardstown Road vibe.  Like a lot of places on Bardstown, Oddfellows was open and airy, with big windows that would open up to the side walk allowing passerbyers to take in the potpourri of fragrant aromas coming from within.

One feature that really stuck out to me was that you can sit at the bar at Oddfellows, but from the outside.  Really nice way to enjoy the morning and people watch.  You can sit up at the window and stare at the people eating and no one gets creeped out.  How cool is that?



On this visit I decided to try their Duck Hash.  I asked my server if she had ever had it.  She said yes, and said it was amazing.  Their Duck Hash was a plate of duck breast served on a bed of breakfast potatoes, fresh jalapenos, hollandaise, ranchero sauce, and topped with two eggs.  Very delicious! 

I've had duck before and thought it was very good.  It is a darker meat but not gamey, if it is prepared right.  The duck, along with everything else worked very well together, and made for a very enjoyable breakfast.  All together, with coffee and tip, it only set me back about 13 bucks.  Not to shabby.

The Duck Hash
I really liked Oddfellows.  A little bit of Bardstown Rd in the heart of Dallas' Bishop Arts District.  A little taste of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment