Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Help When You Need It

I'm beginning to think that a real hindrance to me landing a job interview could be my resume.  I feel that my resume is poorly done and comes off amateurish.  I'm sure perspective employers looked at it and wondered why I just didn't submit it in crayon.

Resume writing is one of the things that you learn at Spencerian College, which is where I graduated.  But like most things at those fast track to a new career institutions of higher learning, they didn't teach me much, and I think they just gave me an A for trying.

I do not know the first thing about writing a resume.  I need something that looks and reads professional and clearly communicates my objectives and skill sets.  I need employers to see that I am qualified for the job I am applying for.  Praise God, I was able to find someone who was willing to help me with my resume. I sent her a copy of my current resume, a description of my experience, and a link to job posting that best fits what I am looking for.

I guess what this boils down to is that I need help.  I picked up everything and moved here to North Texas in the hopes of a career and new life.  I am thankful for the opportunity but I can't do this alone.  I am thankful that I have friends here giving me a place to stay.  I am thankful for the contacts that I have made and the networking I have done.  I am thankful for every lead that someone has past on to me.  It helps, and has made my adjusting here very easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment