Sunday, January 1, 2012

And The Winner Is.......

Watermark Community Church


My friends Kristin and Kevin attend this church, that's how I first heard about it.  I first visited this church in August of 2010.  From the moment we drove onto the campus, I was immediately blown away by how beautiful the building was.  Watermark church is a modern structure that makes heavy use natural materials, all the while exposing its inner guts of air ducts and pipes.  It is a harmonious blend of organic and industrial, that is surprisingly warm and comfortable.

Walking up to the main building, they have nice patio area where visitors can sit outside on rocking chairs or lounge chairs next to a beautiful pond the church uses for baptisms.  It's a pretty relaxing area and it's always shaded with huge metal fans going overhead.

Outside Patio Area

Pond
Inside, the main lobby is a cavernous whirl of hustle and bustle as one crowd exits the sanctuary, while another waits to go in.  Opposite the entrance to the sanctuary is the welcome center and coffee shop.  COFFEE SHOP? SELLING POINT!!!!

The welcome center is where any visitor who is interested can learn a little about what Watermark has to offer.  Watermark is church heavily involved in the community it is in.  I am impressed by the many local ministries they have going on, and hope eventually to get plugged into one. I am all for foreign mission trips, but I think the hallmark of a good church is measured by how much it does to impact God's kingdom locally.


The Coffee Shop
A Watermark church service is more like going to a rock concert than a traditional worship experience.  It is a lot of atmospherics with lights and huge video monitors.  That doesn't make the worship phony, but adds a layer to the praise and worship.  The main worship leader is a guy name Patrick Ryan Clark(you can look him up on iTunes.), and he masterfully ushers everyone reverently into the Lord's presence.





Watermarks head pastor is Todd Wagner.  He is definitely not one those fire and brimstone preachers, but his sermons are always spot on and challenging.  That's the biggest selling point for me.  I am glad Watermark is not one of those churches that chose to water down the Gospel, so they could be culturally relevant or win the favor of men.  That's a church I want to be apart of.

I love this church.  It's dynamic and vibrant!  The people I have met are friendly and I hope joining this fellowship will lead to some good and deep friendships.  Of course, they had me at cup holders in the pew.  That's a huge draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment