Thursday, January 12, 2012

The List



Since I started this blog, I wanted to showcase some of the places I came across in my culinary adventure through the DFW.  I kinda slacked off a bit the past few weeks, since I have been distracted by that whole pesky job search thing.  Not to be deterred though, it is a new year, and I find myself recommitted to new gastric escapades.

For 2012, I have decided to update my restaurant list.  My last list was just a collection of random eateries. I hardly referred to it at all.  This time around, I decided to expand my list to include not just restaurants, but donut shops, coffee houses, beer gardens, and unique food markets and have a brief description of what each places' main focus is.

It doesn't take much to get on the list either.  This may sound sacrilegious to die hard foodies, but I don't read food reviews in the paper, or scour the Internet for hours looking at menus.  A little research is involved, to be sure, but a restaurant has to meet only two criteria to get on my list: appetizing pictures of their entrees, and unique atmosphere.  I am a visual person, so if I like what I see, I'm sold.

Anyway, here's to another year of succulent flavors and hip decor.  May I end my year with a broader palate and not an expanded waistline.

No comments:

Post a Comment